29 Apr 2021
(update on 29 April 2021)
* From 1 May 2021, all passengers entering Thailand are required to take a quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Thailand, with or without prior vaccination against the COVID-19, and they need to present a Certificate of COVID-19-Free (RT-PCR test result) taken no more than 72 hours before departure for Thailand (no need for the Fit-to-Fly Health Certificate since 1 April 2021), apart from the Certificate of Entry (CoE).
Passengers who received the Certificate of Entry (CoE) before 1 May 2021 and arrive in Thailand before 6 May 2021 are required to take a quarantine of 7 or 10 days as stated in the CoE.
** Passengers are allowed to make a transit/transfer of flights in Thailand only for the outbound international flights within 12 hours from Suvarnabhumi airport (no need for the visa and the CoE). Such passengers need to contact solely with the airlines for requirements.
Visa Exemption, Visa for Tourists and Certificate of Entry (CoE) to Thailand for all foreign passengers
List of countries / territories whose nationals are exempted from visa to enter Thailand for tourism and are permitted to stay in Thailand for 45 days, effective from 22 December 2020 until 30 September 2021 (Thailand’s unilateral scheme);
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Malaysia, Luxembourg, Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, Spain, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE, United Kingdom, USA, Peru, Hong Kong, Vietnam.
[All foreigners entering Thailand during this period of time who are exempted from visa still need Certificate of Entry (CoE) for which the foreigners can apply via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th]
Special Tourist Visa (STV) and Tourist Visa (TR)
Saudi nationals and foreigners residing in Saudi Arabia who wish to travel to Thailand for tourism are eligible to apply for Special Tourist Visa (STV) or Tourist Visa (TR).
Lebanese nationals and foreigners residing in Lebanon who wish to travel to Thailand for tourism are eligible to apply for Tourist Visa (TR).
[All foreigners entering Thailand during this period of time who are not exempted from visa for tourism need both visa and Certificate of Entry (CoE)]
Holders of Special Tourist Visa (STV) are allowed to stay in Thailand for 90 days the first time, extendable for maximum of two 90-day periods (270 days in total).
Holders of Tourist Visa (TR) are allowed to stay in Thailand for 60 days the first time, extendable for maximum of 30 days (90 days in total).
Requirement for Special Tourist Visa (STV) (single entry, with validity of 3 months)
(1) Passport with validity of more than 12 months
(2) Saudi iqama
(3) 2 visa application forms (must apply in person and fill in the application forms at the Embassy)
(4) fee in cash (SAR 300.-)
(5) two passport-size photos
(6) proof of accommodation in Thailand after 14-day quarantine
(6.1) in case of staying in hotels or renting facilities
- booking or contract, and proof of payment
(6.2) in case of owning a condominium in Thailand or hire-purchasing a condominium
- ownership document or hire-purchase contract of a condominium with at least 2 installments paid
(7) Health and Accident Insurance by Thai insurers covering the whole period of stay in Thailand, with a minimum of THB 40,000.- coverage of outpatient treatment and minimum of THB 400,000.- coverage of inpatient hospital and physical services
Requirement for Tourist Visa (TR) (single entry, with validity of 2 months)
(1) Passport with validity of more than 6 months
(2) Saudi/Lebanese iqama or long-term visa (for foreigners in Saudi Arabia/Lebanon)
(3) visa application form (must apply in person and fill in the application form at the Embassy/Consulate)
(4) fee in cash (SAR 160.- for applicants in Saudi Arabia)
(5) two passport-size photos
Additional documents may be requested.
For visa applicants in Saudi Arabia
Applicants are not allowed to enter the Embassy premise without prior appointment. Please contact the Embassy via email - email@example.com regarding the documents required for visa application until the date of visa application submission is settled. Then the applicant can go to apply for the visa on the appointed date, in person, at the Royal Thai Embassy in Diplomatic Quarter in Riyadh, and wait for the visa the same morning.
For visa applicants in Lebanon
Please contact the Embassy via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
After the Embassy’s initial approval, the Embassy will instruct the Consulate in Lebanon to issue the visa.
Kindly note that the Consulate in Lebanon will not be able to issue any visa from 28 May 2021.
For other purposes of travel, please send email to email@example.com
All Passengers entering Thailand need to get the Certificate of Entry (CoE) before departure for Thailand
They have to apply for the CoE online via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th with required documents;
a) copy of passport
b) copy of valid Thai visa or Re-entry permit (if not the case of visa exemption for tourism) along with other documents depending on the type of each passenger
c) valid Health Insurance Policy stating the coverage of all treatments and medical expenses in Thailand including COVID-19 with a minimum coverage of USD 100,000.-
- Getting a new policy can be done via this website - https://covid19.tgia.org
[or https://entrythailand.go.th (starting from 7 April 2021)]
- The validity of the policy should cover the period that the foreigner will stay in Thailand or the policy should be valid for at least 3 months
- No travel insurance by any airlines is acceptable
d) valid certificate of complete vaccination against COVID-19 (if any)
e) copy of air ticket to Bangkok or Phuket (of the flight that is allowed to enter Thailand with passengers and land in Bangkok or directly from abroad to Phuket)
f) copy of certificate of reservation at the Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility in Bangkok or Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) in Chonburi or Prachin Buri for flights arriving at Bangkok airports, or ALQ in Phuket or Phang-Nga for flights arriving at Phuket airport directly from abroad (14-day quarantine at own expense starting from the date of arrival)
Channels of booking;
(1) direct reservation with the hotel of choice (www.hsscovid.com - ASQ/ALQ)
(2) via https://entrythailand.go.th
(3) via https://asqthailand.com
(4) via https://www.agoda.com/quarantineth
(5) via https://asq.locanation.com
(6) via https://asq.ascendtravel.com
Choices of daily flights to Bangkok (connecting from airports in Saudi Arabia and Lebanon)
- EK384 : Dubai - Bangkok
- EY406 : Abu Dhabi - Bangkok
- QR830 and QR836 : Doha - Bangkok
When foreign passengers travel to Thailand, they should have the following documents in hard copy handy;
- Thai visa affixed or re-entry permit stamped in the passport (if not the case of exemption of visa)
- air ticket
- Health Insurance Policy Certificate
- ASQ/ALQ Booking Certificate
- RT-PCR Test Result Certificate
- Vaccination Certificate against COVID-19 (if any)